Thursday, March 17, 2011

Prophets and Profits. Church Leaders Running to Hell with the Handbasket


 Is it just me thats overly disgusted with the "Prayer for Prophet" phenomena that has seemly infiltrated every mega church and televised church ministry? I usually flip right past TBN and all its affiliate stations, but tired of the doom and gloom or utter stupidity of the news I spent a couple hours watching the preachers, prophets and bishops do their thing. Though the messages were pretty simple, "Turn your life to God, and Jesus Christ" all ended with an enlightening discussion regarding giving money to the ministry. Some claimed the money is needed to "sow a seed of faith" others claim the answers to financial problems and stresses lie in "your donation". 
 Besides laughing at the sheer transparency of the ministries, I could not help but feel slightly sickened by the blinding faith of people, and the audacity of the so called prophets and bishops to demand money in "God's name". If anyone is not clear the Catholic Church quietly hides the fact that it is a billion dollar industry and the poor actually receive a mere pittance of its actual intake. (see Inside the Vatican by Prof. Thomas J Reese). For those who claim a division of Christianity yes you too are a part of the Catholic Church. Christianity is considered a sect within the larger church body of Christendom, i.e. The Catholic Church, the Pope and all the high ranking clergy men (see rapture of Christians with the Catholics Part 1) but I digress. 
The point that I wish to make is that what makes these people Prophets, Bishops and in a rare case Prophetesses? One one particular show "Sew your seed" that proceeded Beni-Hin's call to donate to his fledgling ministry, the entire cast of 6 individuals were essentially self-proclaimed prophets, covered in thousand dollars suits and diamond studded jewelry imploring people to donate $37, to sew their seed of faith. It ended with Master Prophet such and such advising that those who donate could essentially demand of God to bless them with wealth and prosperity for demonstrating such faith. Well I called, this was too much  for me and I was essentially told them I only had $20 and wouldn't God understand my predicament? I was told no, the minimum donation was $37 but the bigger sew I seed the bigger reward I can expect, I was then transfered to a live prophet to pray for me and advise that I should sign up for regular donations and join in on a conference call later on in the day. I politely declined and was rudely rebuked for my lack of faith. Once I questioned how I too could become a Prophet I was advised they were chosen by spiritual leaders and the phone conversation was terminated. Seems to me that the Church has one of the best pyramid schemes going ever and selling prayers and promises is big business. I wonder how God feels about this?  (Pls note, if the videos below do not play be advised that World Ministries has requested their removal. They have ravaged Youtube and any other social outlet in which their money tainted rituals are exposed.)

  





Nina Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment